Skip to main content

BW to Color Portrait

 

 


BW TO COLOR PHOTOSHOP PORTRAITS

Artist Statement: 
        The six portraits I have created are photoshop self portraits that show separate ways that color can be shown, based off of the same base color. Each portrait shares the same pink/purple color which is highlighted differently in each image. Some images include the base color on the hair, face, lips, etc. The base color ties to other colors through triad, monochromatic, complementary, analogous, shades, and compound colors. 
        These compositions are relevant in showing how colors vary on the color wheel and how each color relates to, but is different from the base color. Each composition is crafted in a slightly different manner than the next but shows how each and every color used correlates in a visually appealing way. My logo tag brush is also included which makes these portraits unique from other projects as my logo represents myself and is embedded into an image of myself.
        Overall, these portraits are crucial in showing variations in the color wheel and how colors work together to be visually appealing and create a successful composition. The way that each photo differs in what is painted and the colors used also adds to the variety and shows how differences can also mean similarity. With these portraits, I aim to successfully portray myself through a self portrait while also coloring different aspects of the portrait to show the color wheel and the relevance of color choice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tag Brush

TAG BRUSH ARTIST STATEMENT:          The piece I have created is a tag brush of my previously created travel logo. This brush can be used as a stamp and can be place wherever desired. The composition above shows the brush stamped a few times to create a psychedelic blue and purple effect that is visually appealing.          As stated before when describing my logo, this piece highlights my traveling and yearn to explore the world and other cultures. What is interesting about this composition specifically is that the logo is now a stamp that can be easily transferred and simply pasted on any other work of art. This makes it accessible and allows for it to be changed to multiple different colors and looks depending on what is necessary.         Overall, this tagbrush is relevant in being able to use the logo I created and apply it to other compositions. It can be made visually appealing and fitting to whatever color and look it needs to have, and is a simple way to put the log

Self Portrait Poster

SELF PORTRAIT POSTER ARTIST STATEMENT:         The piece that I have created is a self portrait poster that represents myself in a propaganda type manner. I used a recent photo of myself to create a simple composition in every way possible except for my face. With my face, I aimed to use color to create the highlights and shadows from the original image through a variety of colorful shapes. In doing this, I aimed to create a visually appealing, colorful composition that still fit the criteria of the poster assignment.          My self portrait poster is based on the quote "always dream in color." I decided to create my piece to exemplify the idea of living life to it's greatest extents and to live your best life- in a propaganda style. I used a large amount of different lines and shapes to make my face look as realistic as possible and relate similarly to the original image. I chose to put the quote on one side of the image rather than both sides or center

Calligram

GRETA THUNBERG - CLIMATE ACTION SPEECH.  This image is a calligram representing Greta Thunberg's climate action speech symbolized through an image of the world.